Even if you do not believe in the Christmas spirit of giving, you will be filled with warm feelings of generosity after reading Elf
quotes. After all, can you evade the charming Will Ferrell
, starring as the Elf? Read Elf
quotes to reminisce the wonderful moments of this fun filled comedy.
- Miles Finch [throwing ideas for a book]: No tomatoes. Too vulnerable. Kids, they're already vulnerable... and no farms. Everyone's pushing small town rural. A farm book would just be white noise.
- Nun: But the children love the books!
- Elf Teacher: Now, before we learn how to build the latest in extreme graphic chipset processors, let's recite the code of the elves, shall we?
- Gimbel's Manager: Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite.
- Papa Elf: Come here, little one. Poppy wants to see you.
- Santa: I'm getting too old for this.
- Papa Elf: Oh, hello. You're, uh, you're probably here about the story. Elves love to tell stories. I-I'll bet you didn't know that about elves. There's, uh, probably a lot of things you didn't know about elves. Another, another interesting, uh, elfism, uh, there are only three jobs available to an elf. The first is making shoes at night while, you know, while the old cobbler sleeps.
Cobbler Elf: Lazy bum! Couldn't even make a clog!
Papa Elf: You can bake cookies in a tree. As you can imagine, it's, uh, dangerous having an oven in an oak tree during the dry season. But the third job, some call it, uh, "the show" or "the big dance," it's the profession that every elf aspires to. And that is to build toys in Santa's workshop.
- Santa [describing New York to Buddy]: Well, there are some things you should know. First off, you see gum on the street, leave it there. It isn't free candy.
Santa: Second, there are, like, thirty Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one's on 11th. And if you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at the new toys before Christmas.
- Leon the Snowman: Why the long face, Buddy?
Buddy: It seems I'm not an elf.
Leon the Snowman: Of course you're not an elf. You're six-foot-three and had a beard since you were fifteen.
- Leon the Snowman: By the way don't eat the yellow snow.
Buddy: Oh, I know that.
- Gimbel's Manager: [after Buddy has decorated the entire toy department] Hey guys, you seen the place? Pretty good, they must have brought in a professional. I dunno why, but someone's gunning for my job. But look, let's stick together on this. If you get wind of anything, call me on my radio. Channel three, code word is "Santa's got a brand new bag".