Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who was born on October 2, 1869, died as the Mahatma
on January 30, 1948. The man who came to be regarded as the symbol of independent India was greatly revered by his own countrymen. Indians came to call him Mahatma or "the Great Soul." A large number of famous Gandhi quotes contain so much wisdom that they have gained immortality. These famous Gandhi quotes reveal the wisdom of this great man.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
- A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
- Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.
- Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding.
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart.