The name "Gandhi" is synonymous with peace and non-violence. His epic struggle to bring together the people of India in their search for sovereignty is unparalleled. This great man's wisdom and foresight are compelling. On this page, you will find ten of the most powerful Gandhi quotes.
1. StrengthThe weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
2. GovernmentWhat difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?
3. Self-HelpThe only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
4. GovernmentIt may be long before the law of love will be recognized in international affairs. The machineries of government stand between and hide the hearts of one people from those of another.
5. GodAs soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side.
6. LifeThere is more to life than simply increasing its speed.
7. ChangeWe must be the change we wish to see.
8. Self-HelpThe best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
9. TruthThe moment there is suspicion about a person's motives, everything he does becomes tainted.
10. WisdomSuffering cheerfully endured, ceases to be suffering and is transmuted into an ineffable joy.