Words cannot express the grief one feels when one loses love. Then again, wise words can heal wounds and help us reflect on the tragedy. If you have undergone a personal loss -- the loss of love or of a loved one -- you will find this list of lost love quotes very relevant. Read the best quotes on lost love by famous authors like Samuel Butler, Kahlil Gibran, Socrates, and many more.
1. Washington IrvingLove is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
2. Otomo No YakamochiBetter never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.
3. AnonymousLove begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
4. Jean AnouilhThere is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy.
5. Alfred Lord Tennyson'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
6. Kahlil GibranEver has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
7. Margaret MitchellI was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.
8. G. K. ChestertonThe way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
9. Samuel ButlerIt is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
10. SocratesThe hottest love has the coldest end.