Richard Curtis, the writer-director of the 2003 movie Love Actually
emphasizes the funny side of love through an interesting series of plots and subplots. Ten relationships and twenty characters; each telling a tale of love, adding a fresh perspective to love. If you are in love, or have been in love, you must watch Love Actually
. Hugh Grant, Billy Bob Thornton, Laura Linney, and others have put in terrific performances.
All I want for Christmas is you.
[in Portuguese] I will miss you. And your very slow typing... and your very bad driving.
- Jamie: Erm! Would you like the last, uh...?
Aurelia: [in Portuguese] Thank you very much, but no.
Aurelia: If you saw my sister, you'd understand why.
Jamie: That's all right, more for me.
Aurelia: [in Portuguese] Just don't go eating it all yourself, you're getting chubbier every day.
Thank you. That will be nice. Yes is being my answer. Easy question.
- Prime Minister: I'm very jealous of your plane, by the way.
The President: Oh, thank you. We love that thing, I'll tell ya.
All I want is just one shot of me in a wedding dress that isn't bright turquoise.
But you know the thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.
True love lasts a lifetime.
Life is full of interruptions and complications.
I'll just be hanging around the mistletoe, hoping to be kissed.
This must be a very exciting moment for you, fighting for the Christmas number one. How's it looking so far?
- Billy Mack: Very bad indeed. Blue are outselling me five to one. But I'm hoping for a late surge. And if I reach number one, I promise to sing the song stark naked on TV on Christmas Eve.
Parky: Do you mean that?
Billy Mack: Well of course I mean it, Michael. Do you want a preview? You old flirt.
Parky: "That'll" never make number one!
- Jamie [in Portuguese]: Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.
Sophia Barros: Definitely go for England, girl. You'll meet Prince William - then you can marry him instead.
- Billy Mack
When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I'm left with no one... wrinkled and alone.
- Jamie: It's my favorite time of day, driving you.
Aurelia: [in Portuguese] It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you.
You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over 'til it's over.
American girls would seriously dig me with my cute British accent.
I am Colin. God of sex. I'm just on the wrong continent, that's all.
[on phone] Hello, darling. No, no I'm not busy. No... fire away.
- Prime Minister: I'd like to go to Wandsworth, the dodgy end.
PM's chauffeur, Terry: Very good, sir.
PM's chauffeur, Terry: Harris Street. What number, sir?
Prime Minister: Oh, God, it's the longest street in the world and I have absolutely no idea.
[at his wife's funeral] Jo and I had uh, a lot of time to prepare for this moment. Some of her, uh, requests -- for instance, that I should bring Claudia Schiffer as my date to the funeral -- I was confident she expected me to ignore.
- Prime Minister
[on being introduced to Terence, the head of the Downing Street staff] I had an uncle called Terence once. Hated him. I think he was a pervert. But I very much like the look of you.