Movie makers know exactly which knobs need to be turned to make an impact on the viewer. This is a top 10 list of movie quotes that are imprinted on my mind - some because of their simplicity, others because of their wit and still others because of their insight. Are you a movie quotes buff? Some of these quotes are worthy of the Academy Award for best movie quotes, if there ever was such a thing.
1. Forrest GumpForrest Gump: (referring to Apple Computers) He got me invested in some kinda fruit company.
2. The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the DesertAdam/Felicia: Oh for goodness sakes, get down off that crucifix, someone needs the wood!
3. Dumb and Dumber
Harry: Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me
not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.
4. My Best Friend's WeddingGeorge: It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.
5. Hope FloatsBirdee: Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.
6. Demolition ManEdgar Friendly: I'm no leader. I do what I have to do - sometimes people come with me.
7. Ski SchoolDave: If you want to be the best, you must... lose... your... mind.
8. The Truman ShowChristof: We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented.
9. The Usual SuspectsKobayashi: One cannot be betrayed if one has no people.
10. ClueMrs. White: Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable.