John Winston Ono Lennon was one of the founders of The Beatles
. With John Lennon as the uncrowned king of the band, The Beatles
achieved great heights in music history. As a person, John Lennon came across as a cynic with a wry sense of humor. When asked by a reporter about the reason for the success of his music, he retorted, "If we knew, we'd form another group and be managers."
- Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
- Everything is clearer when you're in love.
- Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.
- A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
- Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
- As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
- You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
- The time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
- I get by with a little help from my friends.
- Love is you; you and me.
- I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- When you're drowning, you don't say," I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me," you just scream.
- Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
- If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.
- Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.
- The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?
- Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
- You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.
- If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.
- I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.
- You are all geniuses, and you are all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, live peace, and breathe peace, and you'll get it as soon as you like.
- Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you've got to let it grow.
- Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground.
- We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry...?