Love and friendship
have an intimate relationship with pain and sorrow. Sadness also arises from lost dreams and missed opportunities. On this page, you will find a top 10 list of sad quotes. If you are feeling sad, these soul-stirring quotes will strike a cord. Some of these quotes will give you hope for a better tomorrow.
1. John Greenleaf WhittierFor all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
2. Jim RohnHow sad to see a father with money and no joy. The man studied economics, but never studied happiness.
3. PsalmsThey that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
4. Winston ChurchillSolitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.
5. Marcus AureliusReject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.
6. Malcolm X, Malcolm X SpeaksUsually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
7. VoltaireHe is a hard man who is only just, and a sad one who is only wise.
8. Olive SchreinerMy feeling is that there is nothing in life but refraining from hurting others, and comforting those who are sad.
9. Wizard of OzHearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.
10. W. M. LewisThe tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.