Just when the 20th century had reached a point where the concept of war seemed obsolete, things changed. The last part of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century saw the re-emergence of violence as a means to achieve peace! Hence, the words of wisdom in famous war quotes are so relevant. This is a top 10 list of war quotes.
1. R. Buckminster FullerEither war is obsolete or men are.
2. Eleanor RooseveltWe have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to live together we have to talk.
3. Issac AsimovViolence is the first refuge of the incompetent.
4. Herbert HooverOlder men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
5. Jeannette Rankin, First Woman Member of CongressYou can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
6. General Omar BradleyIn war there is no prize for the runner-up.
7. Winston ChurchillWhen you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
8. Albert EinsteinThe pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service.
9. Martin Luther King, Jr.Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism.
10. Ernest HemmingwayThey wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.