Having drunk himself silly, he stood up on unsteady feet, and went on to give the audience a hilarious account of his love for his niece. He also went on to make rude jokes at the cost of the groom and his family, thereby incurring the animosity of many in the crowd.
The last thing you want is to be caught on the wrong foot when asked to make a wedding speech. When you are invited to a wedding, make sure to prepare a good wedding speech. If you are called upon to make a speech, don't hesitate to say a few kind words.
Wedding toasts or wedding speeches are interesting concepts. The wedding day is the most important day in the life of the couple. Anyone can make a wedding toast -- parents, bridesmaids, the best man, and close relatives. By raising your glass to make a wedding toast, you wish the couple a bright future and good health.
If you want to make great wedding speeches, use these quotations to embellish it. They will linger in everyone's minds like sweet fragrance.
Wedding Toast, From the Bride to the Groom or From the Groom to the Bride
- Here's to the prettiest, here's to the wittiest,
Here's to the truest of all who are true,
Here's to the neatest one, here's to the sweetest one,
Here's to them, all in one - here's to you.
- Here's to the groom, a man who keeps his head though he loses his heart.
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Here's to these beautiful bridesmaids.
- We admire them for their beauty, respect them for their intelligence, adore them for their virtues, and love them because we can't help it.
- May she share everything with her husband, including the housework.
- She knows all about me and loves me just the same.
- Rainer Maria Rilke
A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other guardian of his solitude.
- Gwendolyn Brooks
We are each other’s harvest; we are each other’s business; we are each other’s magnitude and bond.
- It is written: when children find true love, parents find true joy. Here's to your joy and ours, from this day forward.
- Let us toast the health of the bride;
Let us toast the health of the groom,
Let us toast the person that tied;
Let us toast every guest in the room.
- Look down you gods, and on this couple drop a blessed crown.
- Remember that if you ever put your marital problems on the back burner they are sure to boil over.
- Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love, and they blossom when we love the one we married.
- My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least.
- It don't matter where you get your appetite, as long as you eat at home!
- May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
- Marriage: A community consisting of a master, a mistress, and two slaves - making in all, two.
- May the roof above you never fall in and may you both never fall out.
- To the lamp of love - may it burn brightest in the darkest hours and never flicker in the winds of trial.
- May 'for better or worse' be far better than worse.
- The man or woman you really love will never grow old to you.
Through the wrinkles of time, through the bowed frame of years,
You will always see the dear face and feel
The warm heart union of your eternal love.
- May you have many children
and may they grow mature in taste
and healthy in color
and as sought after
as the contents of the glass.