Here is a doctor who is a favorite among children. "Dr. Seuss," as Theodor Seuss Geisel is fondly called, authored several children's books, including classics like The Cat in the Hat
, Green Eggs and Ham
, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas
. Seuss' books are special because of his unique style of rhyming and bizarre cartoon characters. Children
, who otherwise find reading quite boring, find themselves deeply engrossed in a Dr. Seuss book. On this page, you can read some popular Dr. Seuss quotes culled from his famous books.
- Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
- Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
- Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!
- I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells.
- And the turtles, of course... All the turtles are free -- As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
- Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.
- So you see! There's no end to the thing you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
- I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am!
- You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you will be the guy who'll decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go.
- When you think things are bad, when you feel sour and blue, when you start to get mad... You should do what I do.