is a movie about innocence, goodness, and Christmas cheer. When you feel you have had enough of this world that is full of cynicism, read Elf
quotes for a refreshing change. The story is about an elf from Santa's world who is genuinely sweet and endearing.
- Buddy: I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
- Buddy: First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle.
- [on seeing a sign saying "World's Best Cup of Coffee"]
Buddy: You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.
- Buddy: I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.
- [reading the note he left on the etch-a-sketch]
Buddy:"I'm sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR."
- Buddy: [to the doctor] Can I listen to your necklace?
- Buddy: It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
- Buddy: Francisco! That's fun to say! Francisco. Frannncisco. Franciscooo.
- [on the phone]
Buddy: Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?
- Buddy to Jovie:I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up.
- Buddy to the fake Santa: You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa.
- Buddy: Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!
- Buddy: Watch out, the yellow ones don't stop!
- Buddy: The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.
- [On seeing the mail room]
Buddy: It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me...
Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
Buddy: What about Santa's cookies? I suppose parents eat those too?