Think gingerbread houses, candy cane trees, and syrup. That's what Will Ferrell
, the elf, likes to eat. And that is the flavor of the movie too. Only a cynic beyond reform would be untouched by the innocent indulgence of Elf
. The movie appeals to the child within you.
- Jovie: I CAN sing, I just choose NOT to sing... especially in front of other people.
Buddy: If you can sing alone, you sing in front of other people. There's no difference.
- Santa: That's another thing... Buddy you should know that your father... he's on the naughty list.
- Puffin: Hey Buddy wanna pick some snowberries?
Buddy: Not now Arctic Puffin!
- Gimbel's Manager: Why are you smiling like that?
Buddy: I just like to smile. Smiling is my favorite.
- Walter: Who sent this Christmas Gram?
Buddy: What's a Christmas Gram? I want one!
- Buddy: Hi!
Buddy: Do you remember me?
Deb: I do! I didn't recognize you!
Buddy: I know I'm in work clothes!
- Walter: [whispering] I think we should call security.
Deb: [whispering] Good idea.
Buddy: [whispering] I like to whisper too!
- Buddy: [burps loud and long] Did you hear that?
Michael: You're so weird.
- Buddy: [to the racoon] Does somebody need a hug?
- Buddy: [to man on elevator] Oh, I forgot to give you a hug.
- Buddy: Sorry, sorry. I think your car is pretty.
- Walter: [Buddy had just caused Walter to lose a client] You get the hell out of here.
Buddy: Where do you want me to go?
Walter: I don't care where you go. I don't care that you're an elf! I don't care that you're nuts! I don't care that you're my son! Get out of my life! Now!
- Walter: What do you want? Some money?
Buddy: No! I just wanted to meet you and thought maybe you might want to meet me.
Walter: Who wouldn't wanna meet you?