Michael Jackson was a good father was to his own kids, but he never received the same love from his own dad. Often Michael Jackson talked about his unhappy childhood, and abusive father. Living under the harsh lights of fame was not an easy burden for young Michael. Perhaps that's why he always shielded his kids from the public glare. Read these touching quotes from Michael Jackson about his family.
- (When asked how he selected the surrogate mother for his third child)
It didn't matter to me as long as she was healthy. I didn't care what race as long as she is healthy. I used a surrogate mother, and she doesn't know me.
- (Commenting the controversy over his infamous baby-dangling incident)
I love my children. I was holding my son tight and strong. Why would I throw a baby off a balcony? That's the dumbest, stupidest story I've ever heard.
- I just wish I could understand my father.
- I remember one time we were getting ready to go to South America and everything was packed up and in the car ready to go and I hid and I was crying because I really did not want to go, I wanted to play. I did not want to go.
- I love my family very much. I wish I could see them a little more often than I do. But we understand because we’re a show business family and we all work.
- There is a lot of sadness in my past life. My father beat me. It was difficult to take being beaten and then going on stage. He was strict; very hard and stern.
- Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn't him. This is not him.
- And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I’d see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead.
- I was a veteran, before I was a teenager.
- Because I wanted to have a place that I could create everything that I that I never had as a child. So, you see rides. You see animals. There's a movie theater.